PD Dr. med. Dr. phil. Adrian Egli
Applied Microbiology Research, Lab 315
Tel: +41 61 556 57 49
Since 09/2015: Head of Division, Clinical Microbiology, University Hospital Basel
Since 10/2014: Research Group Leader, Department Biomedicine, University Basel
2009-2010: Residency (Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases and Haematology), University Hospital Basel, Switzerland 2011
2012: Transplant Infectious Diseases Fellowship, University of Alberta
2011-2012: Postdoctoral Fellow, Li Ka Shing Institute of Virology (Humar Lab)
2013-2015: Clinical Microbiology, Fellowship, University Hospital Basel
- 2015 Alumni Award, Medical Faculity, University of Basel
- 2014 – currently: Swiss National Science Foundation Ambizione Score
- 2014: Young Investigator Award, American Society of Transplantation
- 2013: Young Investigator Award, American Society of Transplantation
- 2012: Lichtenstein Stiftung Salary Grant for Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2011: Swiss National Science Foundation Grant for Postdoctoral Fellowship.
I became interested in the host-pathogen interaction during lectures at the University. The hosts’ complexity of the interaction between all immunological subsets modulated by the genetic background, environment, and pathogens keep fascinating me after many years of research.
After the post doctoral fellowship at the University of Alberta, Canada, I joined in 2013 the clinical microbiology diagnostics headed by Dr. Reno Frei at the University Hospital Basel. I finished my training in clinical microbiology (FAMH, board approved) in early 2015. Meanwhile I became a research group leader at the Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel supported with grants of the SNSF Ambizione Score and SystemsX.
Full list see Pubmed.